Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Moving Day

Disclaimer:  This post is not entirely beer related.

If beer and homebrewing is one of my strengths/interests, moving is it's complete antithesis. I hate anything to do with packing or moving and have absolutely zero aptitude for these activities. It is a mild exaggeration, but I've been known to say that I would rather experience a death in my family than to move. Needless to say, my family recently moved from Illinois to Michigan (the site of the National Homebrewer's Conference in June 2014; Be There!). This meant selling nearly an entire garage full of stuff in a yard sale, and still having enough stuff to completely fill a 26' moving truck (notice the 14 cases of homebrew; bottom left) and two vehicles. Though I find this capitalistic glut embarrassing at an existential level of Carlinian proportions, I had to move it or suffer the consequences. But I digress.

This post is mainly to give a shout out to my friends and family members without whose help this move would simply not have happened. I won't mention their names, but you know who you are. This shout out includes both those who shed sweat and blood, but also those who housed me later in the week when I picked up my kids from their grandparents' house. A sincere THANK YOU to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment