Search This Blog

Monday, August 12, 2013

The Hideout Brewing Company

Today, I had nothing to do for the rest of the day at my internship, so I left to run some errands before completing what would be a total of 3 walks (did I mention I didn't have much to do?). But before that I was able to find and visit a brewery I'd been wanting to go to since I first learned of it:  Hideout Brewing Company. What attracted me to this brewery (other than the name and the promise of flavorful craft beer) was the obviously eclectic brewing style they employed. This is not the type of brewery that has very many simple, straight-forward beers (though some may fall short of the expectations their names create). No, they create interesting, eye-catching, "you put WHAT in this beer?!" kinds of beers. While I was there, though my own homebrewing history is not what one might call "pedestrian," I attempted to stick to the less garish-sounding beers. Nevertheless, they were as follows:  Blueberry Maple Mild, Chocolate Raspberry Mild, Sour Weizen, Polish Potato Ale, 9am Hazelnut IPA, and Trigger Man IPA. See what I mean? My Yelp.com review may be viewed here, but I enjoyed my time at Hideout Brewing Company very much. I was the only customer the entire time I was there, and the bar was tended by the brewing scheduling and distribution manager, Mike. Nice guy, and quite knowledgeable about the product. I will definitely be back. May even join the Mug Club. If you are ever in the Grand Rapids area and have time for only one brewery, I definitely recommend this one. Here's a pic of the 9am Hazelnut IPA.


No comments:

Post a Comment